Hi all!
The other day I was trying to figure out a different veggie to try because I was starting to get sick of broccoli, baby spinach, and green beans. So, I saw a recipe on Tone It Up for Brussels Sprouts! I bought some and I LOVE the way they came out! I usually just steam them and that's it but Tone It Up suggests roasting them! It is honestly the easiest thing ever and very yummy! Here's how you do it!
 |
| I Weighed them just to see how many calories this would be |
 |
| Cut off the little ends |
 |
| My cute little helper |
 |
| Chop in half |
 |
| drizzle with EVOO and some salt and pepper |
 |
| Lay them out so they're not touching |
 |
| I made steak to eat with the sprouts |
 |
| Don't they look delicious?! |
 |
| Steak, Brussels sprouts and quinoa sautéed with baby spinach |
Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Place trimmed Brussels sprouts, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper in a bowl. Pour onto a baking sheet, and place on center oven rack.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, shaking pan every 5 to 7 minutes for even browning. Reduce heat when necessary to prevent burning. Brussels sprouts should be darkest brown, almost black, when done. Adjust seasoning with kosher salt, if necessary. Serve immediately.
No comments:
Post a Comment